• Home
  • Admission
  • Financial Aid

Financial Aid

The Federal Government provides financial aid for qualified graduate students in the form of grants and subsidized loans. Students at the University of Kansas use the "Free Application for Federal Student Aid" (FAFSA) to apply for federal funds. This form is available from the financial aid office in Room 50 Strong Hall, at any high school, junior college or four-year institution in the United States, or you can call 1-800-4-FED-AID to request a FAFSA. You can also file your FAFSA on the Internet at their website: www.fafsa.ed.gov>>. There are additional forms for special circumstances in change of income, which is particularly helpful to graduates and students returning from the workforce. The University's priority deadline is March 1.

Students must be realistic in their hopes for attaining research assistantships, teaching assistantships, and fellowships. University fellowships are highly competitive and few in number. Research assistantships are usually awarded to students who have completed their first year of study, and depend on individual faculty members’ research agendas and external grant funding.

Financial Aid and Scholarships>>



KU Today
One of 34 U.S. public institutions in the prestigious Association of American Universities
44 nationally ranked graduate programs.
—U.S. News & World Report
Top 50 nationwide for size of library collection.
5th nationwide for service to veterans —"Best for Vets: Colleges," Military Times